Honesty, Inspiration, Teamwork, Sportsmanship
Tennis can teach many great life lessons while on the court, but more important than the fundamentals of tennis, H.I.T.S. focuses on growing a child’s core values as well as the athlete.
By participating in this program, children as young as kindergarten will begin to develop strong core values both on and off the court that will help them mature into possibly the next tennis star, but more importantly, become a great individual and upstanding member of the community.
With this program the use of “right-sized” equipment (in regards to weight, length, speed and size) allows young players to learn and play more effectively. During this 6-8 week program, kids will participate in fun activities while learning the fundamentals of tennis in a safe and supportive environment.
H.I.T.S. is a low-cost tennis program for kids 10 and under that incorporates the fundamentals of a team sport with life skills enrichment. With support from the USTA NorCal, H.I.T.S. is a fun and easy program that includes training and resources to run a tennis program at your tennis courts, blacktop or indoor gym.
All participants receive a H.I.T.S. t-shirt, wristband, ball, certificate, players/parents manual and more!!!
H.I.T.S. in Your Community
To find out how to bring a H.I.T.S. program to your school/community, contact your area Tennis Service Representative (TSR). Each one is located in the list of programs below.
LOOK FOR H.I.T.S. PROGRAMS IN THESE AREAS
Fresno & South Valley Counties
- Stockton Step UP: 9 sites
- Ceres Unified School District: 13 sites, finishing 3/3
- Modesto City Schools: 19 sites, beginning in March to April 27th
- Riverbank USD: 3 sites, beginning March to April
- Stanislaus Union Schools: 5 schools beginning March 20th– May 12th
- Merced Boys and Girls Club: Jan to March
- Keyes Elementary School: March to May
- Just Ace It: 5 school sites, March to May
- Fresno Park and Rec: 5 sites, April to June
- Tracy Park and Rec: summer program
Contact: Christy Perez | (916) 990-4438 email@example.com
Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Monterey Counties, Morgan Hill, San Benito, San Martin, Santa Cruz, Saratoga
- Rio Del Mar Elementary: March 1- March 29 Register
- Campus Kids Connection: TBD
- Hollister Recreation: April 11-May 16
- Central Coast YMCA (5 sites): April to May
- North County Recreation: April
- Girl Scouts of CA’s Central Coast: April 29-May 20
- Monterey County Juvenile Hall: April
- Watsonville PAL: May
- San Benito County Juvenile Hall: Ongoing
Contact: India Hoffman | (805) 305-2035 firstname.lastname@example.org
Napa, Sonoma, Marin
- Boys and Girls Club Marin and Sonoma: Summer 2017
- Mattie Washburn, Town of Windsor: Possible start date late April
- Petaluma: Wilson Elementary: April 11
- Petaluma: Grant Elementary: April 13
- Petaluma: McNear Elementary: April 12
- Petaluma: Dunham Elementary: April 3
- Sonoma Valley Tennis Association: HITS starting April 1 – May 20
- Finely Park: May 6 – June 24
Contact: Michelle Skipwith | (415) 279-1973 email@example.com
Yolo, Solano, Contra Costa
- YMCA (multiple sites): April – May
- Caliber Charter School: March – May
- Walnut Creek, Keyspot – Parkmead Elementary: February 24 – March 31
Contact: Cherryl Silva | (510) 948-8794 firstname.lastname@example.org